December 2, 2012

Thank you, Gail.
Colanders and berry bowls waxed
Three fish plates ready for chalks
Pet moose smelling the roses...thanks, Sara
The good news is that we mailed out the Christmas boxes that have to travel afar -- and also that the temp made it above zero here today!  Oh -- and yesterday I supported several local vendors at a Christmas bazaar here in Willow.  The bad news is that I've sure allowed myself to get distracted from getting glazing done so that I can fire a kiln load and get the studio cleaned up for the WillowAK Pottery Open House next weekend.   New target is to complete glazing on Monday, fire on Tuesday, unload and price on Wednesday, photograph and set up on Thursday, clean and bake on Friday.  That all sounds doable. Now it's just a matter of following the schedule!

One end of the island.
Nice to have enough space in the studio to spread things out between steps.  After going through the process a few times in my new space, I should get some systems worked out for knowing what works best. Right now I can testify that it takes way more time than it should, but how nice to have it all available right at home!  Plus, I like doing it!

These and four similar plates are off to Oregon.
Still get off task easily, however, because there are so many things I like to do.  What a nice problem to have!
The other end of the island.  Enough for a load?

Finished knitting this sweater and it's mailed.
Knit this hat and will line it with fleece.










 Maybe the first key to following a schedule is to get to bed at a reasonable hour.  The night owl in me has returned and there's no such thing as routine. That shouldn't surprise those who know me well.  As it takes longer to do things, it only seems reasonable that we should get more hours in the day, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The big treat this week will be opening the kiln to see how things turned out.  Any potter understands that anticipation. Since this is only the second glaze firing for me in this kiln with these glazes, there could be some surprises.  For those with Facebook accounts, keep an eye out for the finished work later this week on the WillowAK Pottery page. For those without Facebook, I'll share a few photos here in the blog so you can see a sampling.

I'm really happy to hear that so many are planning to come to the studio open house next weekend. That's great!  Looking forward to seeing you!!