A Most Unusual Spring . . .

(Although today is June 13, I just found this post written April 8, but it was never actually posted.  So, up it goes now, with a June post soon to follow.)

It's been a while since I've touched clay. Considering all that's going on in the world, making more pottery has not seemed like something I should be doing, but the winds may be shifting here, soon.

I've sorted paperwork in the house,  thrown out every non-working pen, sharpened every pencil, knit some fun little mug mats with Arne & Carlos patterns, baked more than usual,  read some good books and watched fine movies, cleaned some windows and mirrors, and the list goes on. All short-term projects. I could handle them. Pottery, however, is a process, not a short-term project, and until now I have hesitated.  I do miss it, however, and it may be time to return to the studio.

Social distancing is easy in Willow, and I'm comfortable with using technology as a communication tool. The news, which I listen to excessively, is disheartening. So much sadness related to illness, death, job loss, business closure, industry collapse, and more. Investments and infrastructure failure. Lots of bad news.  The medical community and those in "essential services" cannot be thanked enough for serving, caring, saving, and allowing many of us to stay home as much as possible.